Back to School Parent Packet 2019
Welcome to another exciting school year at BWS! Please click on the links below for all the information you will need for Back to School 2019. If you have any questions about the upcoming school year, feel free to call the front desk at 413-528-4015 x0, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Welcome Back Letter from Dr. Sue Das, School Director
- School Calendar for 2019-2020
- Massachusetts medical form
- Yearly submission of a physician-signed physical (valid within the calendar year) and most up to date immunization record is required for all students. You may print this form and bring it to your pediatrician or your doctor’s office may submit their own form. You may email email@example.com, fax at 413-240-3246 or drop of form at the front desk. If applicable, a signed and dated medical or religious waiver needs to be submitted at the start of every school year.
- Scrip program information page
- School Directory and class contact lists at the BigSIS Parent Portal
- Class teacher welcome back letters:
- Early Childhood parents – letter from the whole EC Faculty
- First grade parents – letter from Ms Taiga
- Second grade parents – letter from Mrs. Cartier
- Third grade parents – letter from Mrs. Fernbacher
- Fourth grade parents – letter from Ms. Ludvigsen and Farm Trip Parent Packet
- Fifth grade parents – letter from Mrs. Banach & Ms. Alessandra
- Sixth grade parents – letter from Mr. Eurich
- Seventh grade parents – letter from Mrs. Palmer
- Eighth grade parents – letter from Mrs. Green
- Middle School Sports; Games Curriculum Overview; Fall sports letter with permission slip from Mrs. Greene . Click here for middle school sports sign up.
- Presto & Allegro Ensemble information (Grades 4-8) – letter from Mrs. Markland
Additional forms can be found under the “Parents” tab, under “Useful Forms and Documents” for the following (and more!):
- Parent – Child Garden Registration form
- Use this form to register for parent-baby classes with Mrs. Serpe.
- Early Childhood Handbook 2019-2020
- Parent Handbook 2019-2020
- Early Care program
- Please register here if your child will be utilizing the early care program. Then, send a note to your child’s teacher indicating their regular early care schedule.
- Afterschool Care program
- Please fill out this form if your child will be utilizing the aftercare program, on either side of the street. Then, send a note to your child’s teacher with either their regular aftercare schedule, or if they plan to drop-in to aftercare for the day. Last-minute aftercare needs can be communicated to the front desk, but only in case of emergency.
- After school music lesson information
- A list of local music teachers for students in grades 3-8. All music lessons should be arranged directly with the instructor. Children may wait in aftercare before and after their lesson as needed for a flat $5 fee.
- Preliminary bus route and school bus policies for the Berkshire Hills bus
- Those riding the Taconic Hills or Chatham bus should submit a transportation request form for the 2019/20 school year to the Front Desk before April 1st. After April 1st, please submit directly to your home district and cc the Front Desk. After the form is handed in you will hear directly from those transportation departments.
- Hudson bus information coming soon.
BWS Front Desk Staff