What is Scrip:
- SCRIP is an easy way to contribute to GBRSS without costing you anything.
- If you shop at the Berkshire Co-op, Guido’s, the Hawthorne Valley Farm Store, Barrington Outfitters, Body & Soul Day Spa, or the Big Y, you can purchase SCRIP from GBRSS in the form of a gift card for the same dollar value you would spend at the store.
- Each store then donates a percentage of what you purchased back to the school.
- For parents, it is an even, dollar-for-dollar exchange.
- For the School, it means a lot of money; in the 2015-16 school year, parent participation in the SCRIP Program raised over $15,000 for our students and teachers!
How can I participate?
- Fill out a SCRIP order form, available at the front desk or on our website under the Parents tab (Useful Forms and Documents), and send it in with a check payable to GBRSS by the first of each month.
- You may also email your orders to firstname.lastname@example.org and send in the check(s) with your child, attention: Scrip Coordinator.
- The orders are filled by the 5th of the month and either sent home with your child or held at the front desk for pickup—you indicate the delivery method on the order form.
- For the month of September, orders are due by the 9th and will be filled by the 14th.
- You have the option to do a one-time order, or set up a standing monthly order using post-dated checks.
- Your gift cards never expire or lose their value. Put them in a safe place—they are just like cash.
- Email Jenna Lamond, Office Manager, at email@example.com
It’s that easy! So remember before you shop, buy SCRIP, it pays!