After making an initial inquiry to the school, interested parents may arrange for a tour by calling Robyn Coe, Director of Admissions at (413)528-4015, ext. 106. Tours are typically conducted in the morning starting at 9:00 a.m. A tour consists of visiting classes in session, touring art studios and having conversations about our programs and curriculum. Those parents interested in our early childhood program may also tour the Early Childhood building. It is possible for children to attend tours, but please discuss this with us prior to your visit.
In order to arrange a class visit and/or interview with the class teacher or early childhood teacher, please forward the following:
- Completed application
- Nonrefundable application fee of $50
- Completed application
- Non refundable application fee of $50
- Copies of student’s previous reports or grades.
- Letter of reference for transfer students
- Signed Transcripts Request form for previous school(s)
Financial aid is made on the basis of need, once a child has been accepted.
For our Nursery and Kindergarten programs, as soon as all of the above materials has been received and reviewed, the class teacher will call the family to arrange an interview. The teachers will meet both child and parents together in one of our early childhood classrooms.
For grade 1, an assessment and interview will be arranged for the student with the class teacher and a separate meeting with the parents and teacher.
For the elementary and middle school, if the child is entering grades 2 – 8, the student will spend two consecutive days in the classroom. At this time, the class teacher will also interview the child. Following the visit, if the class teacher would like to move forward with the application process, an interview with the parent(s) will be arranged.
- Our school’s suitability for the child’s age, ability or special educational needs.
- Whether the acceptance of the applicant is compatible with the efficient education of the children already placed in the school.
- Whether we have the resources to meet the student’s needs. Children who are not doing well in other schools may flourish in our school, but there are learning and disciplinary problems that are beyond our scope. We aim to have a healthy constellation of pupils in each class. In some cases children may be accepted on a trial basis. Initially, a new child might need extra tutoring in certain areas, such as foreign languages.
- Although we especially welcome pupils from other Waldorf schools, the normal admissions policies still apply.
Once the interview or visit has occurred, the family will receive a letter notifying them of their child’s acceptance. At this time, they will also receive a link to pertinent enrollment forms via TADS online, including:
- Tuition contract
- School health form and immunization record/waiver
- Student Permission form
You may sign the contract, select payment options and choose to make your enrollment deposit for the year in the online TADS forms. The $500 non-refundable enrollment deposit reserves your child’s place in the class, and is applied to the cost of tuition for the year. It is refundable for tuition assistance applicants who are unable to attend school because of financial hardship.